Terms & Conditions
• All items are to be collected and returned to us on the arranged dates. Collection can be from the Wednesday- Friday before (if event is on a Saturday or Sunday) and return must on the Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Collection and return times must be between 9am – 5pm.
• All items must be collected and returned in 1 trip at the time organised, otherwise an additional fee will be charged for multiple trips or running late.
• Delivery will be included in all styling packages.
• Delivery on hire only items can be arranged at an additional cost if the total hire amount exceeds $500 and is subject to availability.
• Delivery will be to the door only and the recipient will need to move/set up props in their correct places. Collection will also only be to the front door. If either of these requirements are not met, labour will be charged at $100 + GST per hour.
• Crockery, cutlery and glassware needs to be rinsed before use and returned to us in clean and original condition. An additional fee will be charged if returned to us unclean. Only cutlery can be washed in a dishwasher. ALL crockery and glassware CAN NOT BE CLEANED IN A DISHWASHER, it must be hand washed as all pieces are vintage.
• By The Oaktree is not liable for any damages to our props or injuries that occur whilst hire items are in the client’s possession.
• The client will be held responsible for all breakages and lost items while in their possession. Any lost or damaged items will be charged at By The Oaktree’s discretion.
• We request a non-refundable 50% deposit on signing of your order and the balance paid 14 days prior to your event.
Bond (Hire Only Clients)
• A bond of 50% of the total order is required (minimum $100 bond required). This will be returned in full once we have received all goods back cleaned and in original condition. Any breakages or losses will be taken off the total bond amount.
• The Accidental Damage Waiver is an optional fee that will be added to an invoice unless the Customer requests that Accidental Damage Waiver be removed. This waiver applies to unintentional damage to the Goods during the hire period. Please note that all broken or damaged Goods must be returned to By The Oaktree otherwise they are classed as missing goods, which the hirer agrees to pay for on a full replacement value basis.
• The Damage Waiver does not cover any loss of goods, intentional damage, items left out in the rain and/or loss caused by vandalism or theft.
• If the hirer agrees to pay a damage waiver to the By The Oaktree to cover any costs associated with any accidental damage to a particular hire item, provided that the replacement cost and/or the cost of repairs to any hire item that was damaged does not exceed 10% of the hiring fee for the particular item.
• If the damage exceeds 10% of the hiring fee for the particular item, then any costs incurred to By The Oaktree in repairing or replacing the item or any other loss suffered to By The Oaktree will be charged to the client to be paid immediately.